Ok what made me write this today….observing another risk incident on some one who is almost like my younger brother . Did you observe that there is an increased number of risk factors to cancer which is existing in Ethiopia? As far as I’ve seen there is really an increase in risk factors among friends and family members as well as increased cancer victims in our society these days. It includes increased in dependence on canned food, in peptic ulcer disease, in smoking generation, chemicals etc… One of these common cancer findings in the health sectors is testicular cancer. It occurs most often between ages of 15 and 40 and it could easily metastasize to the lung, liver, bone and adrenal glands.
How can we prevent this?
Well one of the prevention method is Routine testicular self-examination which any one can do at home any time.
How is it done?
- The best time to perform this examination is right after a shower when your scrotal skin is moist and relaxed, making the testicles easy to feel.
- Gently lift each testicle. Each one should feel like an egg, firm but not hard, and smooth with no lumps.
- Using both hands, place your middle fingers on the underside of each testicle and your thumbs on top.
- Gently roll the testicle between the thumb and fingers to feel for any lumps, swelling, or mass.
- If you notice any changes from one month to the next, consult a doctor.
That is all!!